5 Food Vendors To Patronize On Father’s Day
On Father’s Day, many people make a special effort for their fathers or father figures. Some people visit their fathers, while others give cards, flowers, or other gifts, such as clothing or sporting equipment, or luxury food items. Father’s Day is a relatively modern holiday, so different families have different traditions.
These can range from a simple phone call or greetings card to large parties honoring all father figures in an extended family. Father figures can include fathers, step-fathers, fathers-in-law, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and even other male relatives.
Many are celebrating father’s day but don’t know the history. So what is father’s day and did it come about?
Fathers Day An Overview
According to Wikipedia, Father’s Day is a day of honoring fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society. In Catholic countries of Europe, it has been celebrated on March 19 as Saint Joseph’s Day since the Middle Ages.
Father’s Day is celebrated worldwide to recognize the contribution that fathers and father figures make to the lives of their children. This day celebrates fatherhood and male parenting. Although it is celebrated on a variety of dates worldwide, many countries observe this day on the third Sunday in June.
The idea of a special day to honor fathers and celebrate fatherhood was introduced from the United States. There, a woman called Sonora Smart Dodd was inspired by the American Mother’s Day celebrations to plan a day to honor fathers. In the USA, Father’s Day has been celebrated in June since 1910.
The celebrations in the United Kingdom and other countries are thought to have been inspired by the American custom of Father’s Day. This is in contrast to Mother’s Day, which has a very different history in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Father’s Day in India is a relatively new concept but it is celebrated in similar ways as in the United Kingdom or the United States, although on a smaller scale. There is a greater awareness of Fathers Day events in metropolitan cities and bigger towns due to the greater exposure of people to the western cultures in these areas.
In Mexico Father’s Day is referred to as “Día del Padre”, where many families get together, prepare meals and distribute gifts to fathers or father figures. In South Africa, many social and cultural societies host Father’s Day celebrations to stress the important role of fathers in nurturing children and building stronger society.
Now, in Nigeria, various gift items have been sent out or even bought by most people who are fatherly conscious to celebrate their father (not Zaddy). Let’s see the 5 foodservice businesses that you need to patronize during this important celebration.
Father’s Day Approved Vendors
Well, as you well know food is the spice of life (same as variety). That’s why we selected the top five food vendors you should check and patronized during this celebration.
Of course, our dads are important in our life.
The list are as follows:
- The Snail Specialz: This is a newly founded online food vendor based in Lagos and they operate under Foodhive Nigeria as The Snail Specialz. They offer a wide range of menu in combination with peppered snail and gizzard cuisines. You definitely should try them out. They only operate in Lagos alone.
- Marese kitchen: This is a Chef based service and an online food vendor based in Abuja. They operate under Foodhive Nigeria as Marese Kitchen as they offer a wide range of exquisite food cuisines. They only operate in Abuja.
- Food Templars: This is another food vendor business based in Lagos. They operate under Foodhive Nigeria as Food Templars and they offer Nigerian cuisine, breakfast, lunch, grilled food, platters, salad, soup bowls, surprise tray, and smoothies. They operate only in Lagos.
- Nigerian Fries: Based in Lagos, Nigerian fries is a food service business offering grills and burger cuisines. They are amazing at what they do and do make-up our list at the moment. They are not on Foodhive but you can check them out.
- Krusty Kraves: Vanilla, milkshake, and glazed donuts, that’s what they specialize on. They are based in Abuja and if you have some cravings (cravings), you should hook up with them to satisfy those. Their services are great too. They are not on Foodhive but you should check them out.
Fatherhood has and continues to be both a demanding and gratifying endeavor. Father’s Day is an occasion to thank every person who has embraced the challenging role. “If the father’s responsibilities are many, his rewards are also great—the love, appreciation, and respect of children and spouse,” wrote President Lyndon B. Johnson.
The importance of a father can’t be neglected or ignored at all. He is like a superhero who is always ready to take on everyday troubles for his children. The significance of a father is beyond words as he is the person who works tirelessly to fulfill the requirements of his family. To honor the contribution of all such fathers and fatherly figures and to celebrate the paternal bonding, a special day is observed every year as Father’s Day.
With that being said, go out there and show your father some love. To be man as you know is not easy (e no easy)!